Mattress and Product Purchase Policy
All new Dozy mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.
No fee or deductible will be charged for any repair or replacement if your mattress has been deemed defective and is covered under the warranty provided you are in Toronto or the GTA.
The limited warranty covers the following:
1. An indentation greater than 1.5” caused by degradation of the mattress (provided you are using a proper foundation: i.e. a flat hard surface – whether it is the slats, a platform, a box spring, or even a flat and even floor. Putting the mattress on an uneven surface (e.g. boxspring with a dent it, a pile of books, etc.) may void the warranty.)
2. Seam splitting greater than 2″.
3. Degradation of the mattress that causes the foam to split, crack, or the coils to shift provided the mattress is being used for sleep.
(Foam cracking and coils popping out due to, let’s say, using the mattress as a punching bag at a karate school may void the warranty.)
The limited warranty does not cover:
1. A normal increase in softness that is expected to occur from usage for any period of time.
2. A change in mattress preference. (comfort, type, style, size, etc.)
3. Stains, burns, and liquid damage void the warranty.
4. Damage associated with the use of a poor foundation
5. Exterior irregularities ie. panel separation, pilling, stitches coming undone due to wear. (use a mattress protector to prevent this)
Proper Mattress Care
In case a warranty situation does occur your mattress will need to meet some criteria. It must be clean in order for us to bring back into our facilities to service, and during the home inspection, it must have a proper set-up. Some tips to keep your mattress in good condition and the warranty intact are:
1. Use a mattress protector (hygienically & physically important)
2. Use a suitable box spring, foundation, or platform bed. Slatt spacing should not exceed 3″.
3. Rotate your mattress from head to toe every 6-8 months to ensure even wear. Do not flip your Dozy mattress, only rotate.
NOTE: Not using a mattress protector will put your mattress at risk of having its warranty voided. There are no suitable ways to wash the exterior of the mattress, having a liquid-resistant mattress protector will keep you healthy and the mattresses exterior in great condition. Dozy mattresses are meant to last and need to be taken care of as such. This is a long-term purchase.
Returns and Exchanges
You may return or exchange an item within 25 days provided it is unopened and unused. The original sales receipt must be present (online orders excluded). Opening the packaging voids your ability to return the merchandise. However, you’re still more than welcome to make use of our 125 day comfort guarantee.
We want to make sure that you’re comfortable on your new Dozy. If, at some point within 125 days from the day of delivery, you realize that the mattress feels too firm, too soft, etc., and you need something firmer, softer, or just different, you are more than welcome to exchange your mattress for another Dozy model. If you exchange for a more expensive model, you’ll just have to pay the price difference. If you exchange for a cheaper model, we’ll be happy to refund the price difference. There are no extra delivery or exchange fees unless outside Toronto or the GTA.
It is also possible to make your Davisville, Summerhill, or Richmond mattress softer or firmer at no extra charge, as long as it’s within 125 days and after the 60-night break in period from the day of delivery (this offer does not apply to the Essential). The switch to a different model, or making the mattress softer/firmer can be done up to a maximum of 2 times.
The 125-day comfort guarantee applies to mattresses only. It does not apply to pillows. It does not apply to frames (whether regular ones, or adjustable ones). It does not apply to sizes – please make sure to doublecheck that you bought the correct size before opening the packaging. It does not apply to the thickness of foundations – please do the measurements to ensure that everything is the right height before opening the packaging. You can still return all these items (see RETURNS AND EXCHANGES above), but the 125-day comfort guarantee covers mattresses only.
Custom size mattresses may not be covered under this policy.
All rights reserved.
Making a warranty claim?
For a warranty claim, we need photos of the original invoice and proof of purchase (Pro tip: put the invoice under your mattress when you get it home so you’ll never lose it!), an explanation of the problem, and any photos that would showcase what is going wrong. Our team will review and decide the next steps of the process.
Send our service team an email at Contact@dozysleep.ca and our team will guide you through the next steps.
Dozy does not keep individual customer purchase data longer than 365 days, your purchase material is your responsibility.